|Mirror [#1]||Server-Side Swift: Vapor Edition.pdf||24,666 KB/Sec|
|Mirror [#2]||Server-Side Swift: Vapor Edition.pdf||23,384 KB/Sec|
|Mirror [#3]||Server-Side Swift: Vapor Edition.pdf||37,480 KB/Sec|
Building web apps using Swift and Vapor 3 lets you re-use the skills you've already mastered, while being faster and safer than other languages. This course teaches you everything you need to craft your own server-side APIs and websites, all using Swift and Vapor 3.
100% Swift 4.2: Don't waste time with out of date tutorials – here you can learn smart, powerful, and expressive Swift the way it was meant to be written.
100% Practical: You learn Swift while you make real web apps, which means you get to apply your new skills immediately and see them work in context.
100% Coverage: Master sessions, databases, logging, templating, user authentication, and more – everything you need to build your own web apps.
100% Proven: I've taught thousands of people to build iOS apps, and I'll help you transfer your skills to the web and unleash Swift on your server.
Server-Side Swift teaches you Swift and web development through real-world projects. There's a comprehensive Swift introduction for beginners, but the rest of the book is focused on building real web apps and websites using Swift.
Server-Side Swift includes 12 projects in total: eight apps, and four technique projects that focus on specific APIs. The projects are:
1. Million Hairs: Get started coding server-side Swift by making a website using templates and routing.
2. JSON Poll: Learn how databases can help you load and save user data quickly, then use that new-found knowledge to build your own custom voting API using JSON.
3. Routing: Routing requests lies at the heart of any web app, and this technique project teaches you how to structure your web routes in powerful, expressive ways.
4. Swift Fan Club: Build a database-backed messageboard, that uses sessions, encrypted login credentials, templates, and Bootstrap to let users write and reply to forum posts.
5. Meme Machine: Learn how to process image uploads and work with the filesystem.
6. Templates: Template engines are packed with features, and in this technique project we look at conditions, loops, and comments, as well a how to write your own custom tags.
7. Barkr: Build a microblogging platform aimed at animal lovers that brings together JSON input and output plus token-based user authentication for extra security.
8. ASCII art: Learn to fetch and manipulate remote data, and serve the results using ajax.
9. Databases: Dive deep into advanced SQL techniques and learn how indexing, normalization, referential integrity, and transactions can help you build faster, safer databases.
10. Instant Coder: Learn how to block access to sensitive areas of your website based on user authentication, then mix in sessions and tabbed navigation using Bootstrap.
11. AppleFanatic: Build your own website content management system split into front-end and back-end services, then render articles for end users by transforming Markdown into HTML.
12. Testing: Learn how XCTest can help validate your back-end APIs in seconds.
While building projects, you'll learn all this and more:
- How to transfer your existing Swift knowledge to the server.
- Connecting to databases to read and write data.
- Creating server-side sessions for temporary storage.
- Building re-usable templates to separate your presentation from your logic.
- How to design, build, and test web APIs for your Swift apps.
- Authenticating users to create login screens.
Server-Side Swift follows the same approach I used with Hacking with Swift: small, standalone projects that teach individual techniques starting from scratch, so you end up with a huge library of finished projects you can develop further or use as the base for something entirely new.